Bli medlem på Body:s forum!
Här i BODYs forum ansvarar medlemmarna själva för vad de skriver. Här gäller inte det utgivaransvar som finns på Body.se. Läs våra regler.
mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Ikväll och fram till nyårsafton börjar brittiska tv-nätverket Bravo sända nio program som sammanfattar kvaltävlingen Giant's Live samt kval/final av MET-Rx World's Strongest Man 2010: http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/broadcast.php

Citat:
Giant's Live - Bravo

Show 1 - 21st December, 8pm

[QUOTE]The ultimate test of the limits of human strength, power, and endurance. The first stop on the 2010 qualifying tour in Johannesburg at the MTN Expo Centre. British interest includes Terry Hollands and Mark Felix.

Show 2 - 22nd December, 8pm

Citat:
The ultimate test of the limits of human strength, power, and endurance. The second stop on the 2010 qualifying tour in Kiev, Ukraine. England's Strongest Man Laurence Shahlaei faces America's number one Derek Poundstone and eleven other top men.

Show 3 - 23rd December, 8pm

Citat:
The ultimate test of the limits of human strength, power, and endurance. The third stop on the 2010 qualifying tour comes to Wembley Arena. The reigning World Champion Zydrunas Savickas of Lithunia takes on a host of top British and other European strongmen.

2010 MET-Rx World's Strongest Man - Bravo

Heat 1 - 26th December, 8pm
Heat 2 - 27th December, 8pm
Heat 3 - 28th December, 8pm
Heat 4 - 29th December, 8pm
Heat 5 - 30th December, 8pm
Final - 31st December, 8pm [/QUOTE]

25 december domineras Bravos sändning från 10:00-20:00 av en maratonvisning av kvaltävlingarna och finalen av UK's Strongest Man 2010. Att visa strongmantävlingar på juldagen är typ en brittisk tradition. SVT sände under många år backhoppning på nyårsdagen. Vintern 2005 skrev tidningen Journalisten:

Citat:
Ett av Sveriges Televisions äldsta program, backhoppningen på nyårsdagen från Garmisch-Partenkirchen, ställs in av ekonomiska skäl, skriver Svenska Dagbladet.

- Vi har tvingats prioritera bort nyårsbackhoppningen. Det är en dyr sändning, säger Bitte Lindgren på SVT-sporten till SvD.

Backhoppningen sändes första gången 1959 och var den första direktsändningen av skidsport i svensk TV.

- Klart att det känns trist. Men bra idrott i TV blir allt dyrare, säger Sven ”Plex” Petersson, som kommenterade sändningarna i 40 år.

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Bloggen The 5th Stone recenserar gårdagens tvavsnitt med en hel del skärmdumpar:

Citat:
Last night was the first of 3 Giants Live contests which are billed as qualifying competitions for the World's Strongest Man Finals. It was held at the MTN Expo Centre in Johannesburg and featured the following athletes (I'm guessing 2 were reserves as only 10 competed):

• Mark Fellix (UK)
  • Terry Hollands (UK)
  • Konstantian Ilin (Ukraine)
  • Mikhail 'Misha' Koklyaev (Russia)
  • Brian Shaw (USA)
  • Richard Skog (Norway)
  • Stefan Solvi Petursson (Iceland)
  • Andre Sweemey (South Africa)
  • Gerrit Van Staden (South Africa)
  • Vuyani Mseswa (South Africa)
  • Franki Sheun (South Africa)
  • Ettiene Smit (South Africa)

As soon as the show started my excitement for this year's World's Strongest Man started to increase – it's been a Christmas tradition for me for over 3 decades, and 2010 should be one of the best.

Titel
Registrerad 2005-10-17
Inlägg 1 605

Går det inte kolla på repriserna?

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Fidde_Mannen skrev:
Går det inte kolla på repriserna?

Om du har tillgång till ESPN i USA eller Bravo i Storbritannien, så visst.

The 5th Stone fortsätter recensera tv-sändningarna från World's Strongest Man 2010:

Citat:
Last night was the first heat and it showed us very clearly that Brian Shaw is very credible challenger to the World's Strongest Man crown currently worn Zydrunas Savickas. He won all but two events; those being the dead lift (Mark Felix won that, so that's nothing to be ashamed of) and the barrel loading final event which he casually left after loading 2 barrels – he'd already booked his place in the final so no point wasting energy.

[img=http://the5thstone.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/heat1-01.jpg?w=500&h=276]
Brian Shaw en route to victory in the Overhead Press

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

The 5th Stone rapporterar från andra kvalheatet:

Citat:
There was one change in the participants of heat 2; out was Alexander Klyushev and in his place was Italy’s Alex Curletto, giving us the following line up:

Terry Hollands
Hennie Jordan
Alex Curletto
Derek Poundstone
Richard Skog
Robert Szczepanski

Going into this the two favourites were overcoming injuries; Hollands a bicep tear and Poundstone a quad injury. This didn’t seem to stop Terry Hollands in the first event, the Giant Farmers Walk.

[img=http://the5thstone.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/heat2-01.jpg?w=500&h=253]
Hollands v Poundstone in the Giant Farmers Walk

Not only did Hollands leave Poundstone in his dust, but he won the event, taking maximum points and showing no signs of being anything but 100%. Poundstone on the other hand couldn’t even finish the course, stopping at just over 36 metres having torn his hands to shreds carrying those huge weights. It was a Mariusz Pudzianowski training camp member who came in second place, as Robert Szczepanski split the two favourites.

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Tredje heatet i The 5th Stones senaste bloggpost:

Citat:
Here we are at the 3rd heat of the 2010 World’s Stronngest Man qualifiers and the group consists of these 6 athletes:

Kostiantyn Ilin
Ervin Katona
Janusz Kulaga
Vytautas Lalas
Travis Ortmayer
Darren Sadler

I’m a huge fan of Travis Ortmayer so I was very much looking forward to seeing this heat. Along with Derek Poundstone he’s probably my favourite of the current athletes on the Strongman circuit. The first event was the Medley, and disaster struck early.

[img=http://the5thstone.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/heat3-01.jpg?w=500&h=298]
Darren Sadler's competition ends early

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Recension av tevesändningen av fjärde heatet:

Citat:
The 6 athletes competing in heat 4 were as follows:

Nick Best
Warrick Brant
Louis-Philippe Jean
Agris Kazelniks
Zydrunas Savickas
Laurence Shahlaei

Nick Best is someone I’d heard about, especially in the Arnold Strongman Classic, but never seen perform - this was about to be rectified. In fact, he set the fastest time in the Giant Farmers Walk of the 3 people in his race.

[img=http://the5thstone.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/heat4-01.jpg?w=500&h=293]
Savickas draws first blood

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Sista kvalheatet recenseras av The 5th Stone:

Citat:
Heat 5 saw UK’s own Rob Frampton, originally just a reserve, take the place of Johannes Arsjo and become part of the last group of 6 athletes vying for qualification to this year’s final.

Rob Frampton
Jason Bergmann
Mikhail Koklyaev
Dave Ostlund
Christian Savoie
Mark Westaby

Speaking of Westaby, he’s the oldest man in the competition at 45, not Nick Best as I stated in my previous blog post. We kick things off with the Medley, where returning Jason Bergmann won the first of 2 races. I have to admit then when I predicted Koklyaev and Ostlund to qualify I forgot all about Bergmann. This is a man who came 9th in 2008 but because of his absence last year he slipped my mind! Terrible when you consider I have no problem recalling the battles between Geoff Capes and Jon Pall Sigmarsson from 25 years ago!

[img=http://the5thstone.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/heat5-01.jpg?w=500&h=276]
Ostlund wins as Koklyaev fades

In the second race Koklyaev started off very fast and looked like a clear winner, but 2 flips from the end he tired badly, enough to let Ostlund and Westaby pass him. Ostlund’s time was enough to win this first event, while Bermann was beaten into 3rd by 2nd place Bergmann.

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

The 5th Stone recenserar brittiska tv-sändningen av finalen. Bloggen är den bästa play-by-play-täckningen av teveproduktionen, och bra om du inte har möjlighet att se sändningen. Varning för spoilers:

Citat:
Before we get going on the actual final I think it’s worth mentioning that the coverage, while good, needs to be longer. Even though there were only 6 events as opposed to usual 7, we still saw too little footage. An hour slot with advert breaks is just not enough, and it either needs to go back to BBC (now that Bravo is gone that could be an option) or it needs a 90 minute slot, at least. The only time we got to see Derek Poundstone was for a fleeting second during a run down of the Overhead Log Lift.

Keeping with the UK coverage and Zoe Salmon was much better as a presenter this year, and seemed to be asking better questions and being every bit the presenter and less of the cheerleader role she seemed to adopt last year. At World’s Strongest Man Experience and at Giants Live it was Caroline Pearce who took over the presenting role, and I’d be interested to now what the reasons were for going back to Zoe Salmon for the finals.

Right, on with the final and all that happened. I’ll not be doing screenshots of results and leaderboards for this as with 10 competitors there would just be too many! I’m going to include my own Excel powered creations - I bet you can’t wait!

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Det har trillat ut tv-sändningar på YouTube från WSM 2010. Gillar den relativt lågmälda brittiska produktionen mer än den skräniga amerikanska.

Magnus Branzén skrev:
The 5th Stone fortsätter recensera tv-sändningarna från World's Strongest Man 2010:

Magnus Branzén skrev:
The 5th Stone rapporterar från andra kvalheatet:

Heat 1 - ESPN (US)

Heat 2 - Bravo (UK)

Heat 2 - ESPN (US)

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Magnus Branzén skrev:
Tredje heatet i The 5th Stones senaste bloggpost:

Heat 3 - Bravo (UK)

Heat 3 - ESPN (US)

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Magnus Branzén skrev:
Recension av tevesändningen av fjärde heatet:

Heat 4 - Bravo (UK)

Heat 4 - ESPN (US)

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Magnus Branzén skrev:
Sista kvalheatet recenseras av The 5th Stone:

Heat 5 - Bravo (UK)

Heat 5 - ESPN (US)

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Magnus Branzén skrev:
The 5th Stone recenserar brittiska tv-sändningen av finalen. Bloggen är den bästa play-by-play-täckningen av teveproduktionen, och bra om du inte har möjlighet att se sändningen. Varning för spoilers:

Final - Bravo (UK)

Final - ESPN (US)

mbranzen
Titel
Registrerad 2005-09-12
Inlägg 17 626

Julafton för statistiknördar - The 5th Stone återupprepar sin xy-analys från förra året över hur de tävlande i WMS-finalen genomförde tävlingen:

Citat:
World's Strongest Man 2010 Final Progress

Bild

The most obvious change to me is Travis Ortmayer who is neck and neck for first place for two events but then he plummets after his injury. Interesting that although he was injured he only got overtaken in the last event when Stefan Solvi Pertursson managed to get 2nd place in the Atlas Stones. I think that’s testament to both Ortmayer’s determination and never say die attitude while injured, and the injury affected Hollands and Poundstone not being able to catch him up.

While Best and Katona were actually ahead of Hollands and Poundstone I never expected either them to get high enough points scores to catch Ortmayer after his 18 point haul in the first 2 events. That’s not to take away from their amazing efforts, but in the arena of World’s Strongest Man there are some athletes that just stand out as super-human performers above the rest, and for Best and Katona that’s not a level they are at, yet.

Online just nu

Du är inte inloggad. Logga in för att få tillgång till fler funktioner.

Forumet modereras av Body Crew.
Har du synpunkter på modereringen, var vänlig kontakta oss.

Anmäl inlägg och trådar som bryter mot forumets regler.

Alla kan läsa det här forumet.
Inloggade användare kan skriva i det här forumet.

Just nu är 8 medlemmar online. 3 foruminlägg har postats idag.

Det finns många tunga skäl att prenumerera

BODY är tidningen för dig som vill träna lite hårdare, lite bättre och lite mer seriöst.
Vi lär dig hur du snabbt och effektivt kan skaffa dig din drömfysik och behålla den.

Varje månad i BODY

• De bästa styrketräningstipsen
  • Nyheter från hela världen
  • Forskning om träning och kost
  • Frågor & svar
  • Tävlingar
  • Personporträtt med de som har lyckats
  • Kostråden för mer muskler och mindre fett
  • Skvaller från fitness- och bodybuildingvärlden
  • BODY 358, maj 2014

• BODY 357, april 2014

• BODY 356, mars 2014